Wednesday 5 March 2014

Mixmag contents page 5

For my final piece of research into contents pages I decided to go back to mixmag. This is because Mixmag have a similar target audience as I do and I love the way they lay out there magazines, especially the more modern ones. Again mixmag have gone for the one larger image dominating the page with one column of text and a small row of text at the bottom of the page. I love the type of font that has been used on this contents page, especially the number 110 that is lying on top of the image. It just fits so well with the type of genre mixmag is about. I think I will be using a similar font for the page numbers I put on top of my images, this is because it creates a fun looking vibe to the page that normal text doesn't, especially with it being so big. Again Mixmag have made the main section in there magazine called "VIP" and they have made the color of the page numbers golden, I love this feature as it makes the page seem more "expensive" and it creates a sense of something special when you read/look at the page which is why I think I am going to use a similar font color for the page numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment