Tuesday 4 March 2014

Mixmag Contents Page 2

Good Afternoon everyone! Today I venture further into my contents page research. For my second piece of research I am looking at a mixmag contents page. There is allot about this contents page which I would love to implement into my own magazine but there is also allot of changes I would make. First of all I love the house style that mixmag have went for. In many of mixmags magazines they use the black background with white text. They also have the "golden" colored page numbers which makes the page seem more "expensive". I like how the logo has been placed in the top left of the page. Out of the way of the important text and image but also highly visible, giving mixmag a larger reputation. In the bottom left hand corner of the page there is a special offer which is probably shown on the front of the magazine as well. The use of bright colors in the image links in with the genre of music the magazine is all about. The "party" lifestyle is usually related to electro, dance, dubstep, Drum and bass etc. music which is why mixmag have chosen to use this image. I like how the most important sections of the magazine have been sectioned off on the right side of the page under the "VIP" category, where as the smaller parts of the magazine are at the bottom with smaller bold headlines than the "VIP" section. I think when I am creating my magazine I will implement the different colored page numbers when creating the menu of my contents. I will also put the magazine name/logo in the top left/right or the bottom left/right to make my company stand out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment